Cantaloupe is one of my favorite fruits, great in fruit salads or as a solo snack. It’s also nutritious packed with vitamin C and vitamin A and a great source for potassium, vitamin B, fiber and magnesium. To cut cantaloupe I usually just cut in half, scoop out the center with a spoon and cut into wedges. In the video below Chef David Bishop shares an easy method for cutting cantaloupe into cubes that wastes none of the cantaloupe. Check out the video below and tell us if you have a favorite way to cut and prepare cantaloupe in the comments.
For those of you unable to access video Chef David Bishop’s method is to:
1. Cut Cantaloupe in half and scoop out the seeds.
2. Cut each half into two more wedges.
3. Take each wedge and with a serrated knife cut down the center of the wedge
4. Next cut cross-wise into the size of cubes you prefer. The wedge will got flat as you cut.
5. Finally cut along the bottom to cut the cubes from the skin.
What’s create about this method is you’re left with beautiful symmetric pieces and you waste none of the cantaloupe.
Do you do it this way? or have a better way to cut cantaloupe? Tells us in the comments