These creamy potatoes with just a hint of nutmeg was the perfect side dish to go with the ham we smoked. This side dish will definitely be included in my holiday cooking. Hope you enjoy!
Cook time: 40 Min Prep time: 10 Min Serves: 6 to 8
1 1/2 to 2 lb potatoes, russets, peeled and sliced thin (1/8 – inch)
1 1/2 c heavy cream
1 Tbsp butter
1 to 2` tsp garlic, minced (I used jarred)
1/2 tsp thyme, dried
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/2 c Parmesan cheese, grated (I used Kraft from jar)
salt and pepper to taste
1 to 1 1/2 Tbsp additional butter
additional Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter 9-inch pie dish well. I used a deep dish.
2. Peel and slice potatoes; rinse with cold water. Cover potatoes with cold water while preparing other ingredients.
3. Combine cream, butter, garlic, thyme and nutmeg in sauce pan. Bring to a simmer over a medium heat.
4. Meanwhile layer potatoes in pie plate. With each layer, salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. I made 2 layers. When cream is hot (but not boiling) pour over the potatoes. Dab soft butter on top.
5. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with additional Parmesan and put under broiler long enough to lightly brown.