Mold is not something to take lightly in your home. You should monitor for mold in your house on a weekly basis and take precautions to kill any mold on sight, mainly to avoid any life-threatening mold illnesses.
That’s right, mold doesn’t just look nasty in your bathroom, it can be devastating to your health, too.
And the worst part of all? You may not even know you’re suffering from a mold-related illness.
To keep you and your family safe, check out this mini-guide on how to get rid of mold and, most importantly, how to tell if you’re suffering from a mold illness.
HOW DO YOU GET RID OF MOLD?
So you’re doing your weekly sweep for mold – checking any moist spots like under sinks and in bathrooms, corners, and near windows – and you see a big black spot. Gross.
The two best options? Spray the mold with bleach or a designated mold killer.
Spray the molded spot with your weapon of choice. Let the chemicals sit for a while before scrubbing the mold away with a bristle brush. We highly suggest opening some windows to air out the room, because either product will stink up a room easily.
Also, invest in some protective face masks to wear when you’re handling mold. The last thing you want is to accidentally ingest mold when trying to clean it away.
WHAT IS MOLD ILLNESS?
Mold illness is an inflammation within the body which is caused by an immune system that has gone haywire. The term “mold illness” is a subcategory of bio-toxin illness called “Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome.”
You are most prone to mold illness if you live in a home where mold is most rampant. Mold tends to thrive in damp, dark, and humid places, like in typically warmer environments or in basement level apartments.
Summer is a terrible time for mold in your home as well, and water damaged homes are even more at risk.
Continue To Next Page …