1 1/2 – 2 c eggnog
2 – 3 eggs
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp sugar (I use Splenda)
1 tsp rum or brandy extract
1 tsp orange zest
thick slices of French or Italian bread, English Muffin bread is good too.
butter and or oil, for cooking the French toast
1. In med-large bowl beat eggs; add cinnamon, sugar, extract and orange zest and mix together. Add eggnog and mix thoroughly.
2. Heat griddle or skillet over med-high heat. When hot add butter and or oil.
3. Dip bread slices in eggnog mixture coating both sides.
4. Place dipped bread slices on hot griddle and cook until golden brown.
5. Turn to cook the second side until golden.
6. Serve with butter, syrup, powdered sugar or your favorite topping.