Ingredients for pan fried potatoes
- 1½ lbs fingerling potatoes, sliced into ¼-1/2 inch rounds.
- 6-7 slices of bacon sliced lengthwise and then into smaller pieces.
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped rosemary
- 5-7 sage leaves (depending on size.)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook for about 8-10 minutes, or until fork tender (do not overcook!) Drain and rinse under cool water to stop the cooking process. Pat dry.
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook until the desired doneness is reached about 10 minutes. Remove from pan (leave all the bacon grease in the pan)
- Add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. You want a nice golden brown color to them.
- Stir in bacon, rosemary, garlic, and sage (you can leave the sage whole for added flavor, and it can be easily picked out). Cook for a couple of minutes or until garlic is beautiful and aromatic.