My love for pastries is a very well known fact. There is just something about walking into a nice bakery ( or a home) where the sweet smells of baked goods rise up to greet you. The mix of sweet flavors, buttery crusts, and sugared coatings are the best parts of baking.
Apple pie is a staple of baking. It carries with its sweetness the homemade feel we all long for in baking. As you eat it you’re immediately transported to a place of relaxation and peace where all that matters is put on hold and you simply enjoy the moment.
So let’s take a moment and look at how we can get these amazing apple hand pies in our homes!
The ingredients will be split into three different categories for this amazing treat. Check out everything you will need below.
FOR THE PASTRY
- 2½ cups (354 grams) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (227 grams) unsalted butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
- ½ cup (113 grams) sour cream
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup (120 ml) ice water
FOR THE FILLING
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and diced small
- ⅓ cup (66 grams) granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons water
- Coarse sugar
To Find Out The Step By Step Directions To Follow, Please Head On Over To The Next Page…