- 2 pints fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon cold water
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- water for hot water bath
- 1 9-inch, baked
- Puree 1/2 of strawberries. Transfer puree to bowl and mix in honey and lemon juice until thoroughly combined; set aside.
- Add cold water to a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin evenly over cold water. Stir together. Gelatin will swell/bloom. Create a hot water bath. Place small bowl with gelatin over hot water; stir gelatin until it dissolves and becomes translucent. Skim off any foam. Let cool slightly.
- Slowly stream gelatin into strawberry puree mixture; mix to combine. Cover, refrigerate and allow to thicken, at least an hour.
- Slice remaining strawberries in half.
- Spread half of strawberry puree mixture in bottom of baked pie crust. Arrange half of sliced strawberries over top. Repeat with another layer of remaining puree and finish with remaining sliced strawberries. Cover and refrigerate until set before serving, at least 6* hours, or up to a day.
- Serve topped with fresh whipped cream.
Source : allrecipes,com