- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple, with juices
- 2 3/4 cups white sugar
- 4-5 ripe bananas, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Toast or ice cream, for serving
- Glass jars
- Place sliced bananas in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat and top with sugar, pineapple (and juices), sugar, coconut and lemon juice, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and, stirring frequently, cook until mixture is thickened and has reduced down.
- Banana slices will break down into pieces.
- Mixture is ready when it coats the back of a spoon; remove from heat and transfer to glass jars.
- Let cool, then refrigerate until ready to use.