- 6 cups powdered sugar, plus more if needed
- 1/2 cup russet potato, mashed and cooled (about 1 large potato)
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat mashed potato, milk, vanilla, and salt with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Mix in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, until a dough has formed.
- Once you’ve added in 6 cups, if you need more, add in 1 tablespoon increments.
- Dough should be thick, slightly thicker than cookie dough.
- Form dough into a ball and dust with powdered sugar.
- On a sheet of wax or parchment paper, roll dough into 1/8-inch thick rectangle.
- Trim to 10×12-inches.
- Generously sprinkle powdered sugar over top of dough and place another piece of parchment paper over it.
- Invert the rectangle of dough and discard the paper that is now on top (the one you used to roll out the dough).
- Spread peanut butter evenly over dough.
- Roll dough tightly long-side to long-side using parchment paper to guide it, jelly-roll style.
- Wrap in parchment and freeze for 1 hour.
- Cut into 1/4-inch thick slices and serve.
- (Leftover candy should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator).