i love hard boiled eggs too. My mother and grandmother cooked eggs for 20 to 25 min. Without placin a lid on pot. I can’t wait to cook eggs the correct way. I have over cooked my eggs for over a two decades. I might have eggs everyday next week
I just made 7 minute eggs and they were perfect. the whole egg was cooked, yet it was still soft if that makes sense. The BEST part is my yokes were not greenish gray like they can be when they are over cooked. Thanks for the tips!! Pictures really help.
Great point to a simple recipe for people who want a quick protein healthy recipes. Sometimes even I make things more complicated than they should be, especially something like eggs. I know eggs are “hard” to cook. They can be overcooked, undercooked or even continue cooking after you put your eggs on the plate! But not every understands or cares they just want to eat their eggs as long as it’s healthy and good.
Making deviled eggs for Easter, and want them to be perfectly cooked! Just found your site and gave it a trial run with one egg ~ turned out exactly as stated and peeled easily. I cooked for 9 minutes as I wanted a very firm yolk; they are a beautiful yellow color!
* 6 large eggs or you may increase
* 2 tsp white vinegar
* 1 pinch salt
* water to cover
* 3 cups ice cubes or use as much as desired
1. Place the eggs in a saucepan.
2. Cover the eggs with lukewarm water.
3. Add in vinegar and pinch salt.
4. Bring to a full boil over medium heat; boil for 2 minutes (start timing after the water reaches a full boil).
5. Remove from heat cover with a tight lid.
6. Allow the eggs to stand for 11 minutes.
7. Drain the eggs a couple times under very cold water.
8. Cover the eggs with cold water then add in some ice.
9. Allow the eggs to sit in ice water for about 3 minutes.
10. Drain and peel.