- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 Italian sausages
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 large sweet yellow onions, peeled, halved, and sliced into half-moons
- 2 large green bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1½ teaspoons dried Italian herb blend or oregano
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry white wine
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) low-sodium chicken broth
- In a pressure cooker, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Prick the sausages all over, using a sharp knife. Working in batches, brown sausages on all sides, for about 2 minutes per batch. Remove cooked sausages from the pressure cooker and transfer to a plate.
- Add garlic to the pressure cooker and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Remove cooked garlic and transfer to the same plate.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, for about 3 minutes. Transfer to the plate with sausages and garlic.
- Add bell peppers and cook, stirring, until they are softened, for 3-5 minutes. Return cooked onions to the pot. Toss with pepper. Season with herbs and pour in dry white wine, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Let wine simmer until completely evaporated.
- Return the sausages to the pot with any accumulated juices. Cover with onions and peppers. Pour chicken broth over.
- Cover the pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set burner heat to high pressure. When the cooker reaches high pressure, reduce heat to low. Set timer to cook for 6 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Using a quick Release method, open pressure cooker. The sausages should be cooked through.
- Transfer the sausages and vegetables to a serving platter. Serve hot with mashed potatoes, or pasta.
Don’t forget to PIN this Recipe. Thank You!