Summertime finds me with an overabundance of corn. This side dish is a refreshing change to the same old same.
3 ears of corn (still in husks)
1 mediumzucchini, sliced thinly
1/2 smallred onion, diced
1 tspbalsamic vinegar
4 largebasil leaves, sliced into ribbons
salt and pepper to taste
How to Make
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place corn in preheated oven, with husks and silks still intact. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool a bit and remove husks and silks (it should remove very easily at this point).
- Once corn is cooled. Run knife down the sides of corn to remove kernels. Place kernels in a bowl and discard cobs.
- To the corn add onion, zucchini, and basil. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Drizzle balsamic on just before serving.