If you are looking for a treat for yourself that really does not have a lot of flavor or sugar then this is a good alternative. Just because they are made for your favorite, furry friend does not necessarily mean that you can not enjoy them together.
Ingredients To Gather
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup pumpkin purée, canned or fresh
- 3 tbsps peanut butter
The Step-By-Step Directions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place all ingredients in the mixing bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Mix on medium for about a minute or until the dough looks like a bunch of little dough balls.
- If you pinch a piece and it crumbles, add a little water. If it’s really sticky, it’s too wet and you’ll need to add a little flour.
- Gather the dough together and form into a ball.
- Place on a lightly floured work surface and roll it out to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- You can either use a cookie cutter to cut out cute shapes or use a knife to cut squares or strips. I am pretty sure the dog doesn’t care, but I rather prefer the cute shapes.
- I gather the scraps together and roll them out again and again until I’ve used up the dough.
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet. They can be crowded pretty close together since they don’t expand much. Bake 15-20 minutes for softer treats or 30 minutes for hard treats.
- Let cool completely. Makes 100+ 1-inch heart-shaped dog treats.
If you love your dog as much as I love mine then you know how much they love their little treats!
Let us know if you have tried this before & how your favorite canine like it!
Article Source: UseRealButter.com
Photo Source: 12Tomatoes.com