- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) white cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts, etc
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 -2 tablespoon cream
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixer bowl add the cake mix, vanilla pudding, water, eggs, and oil.
- With an electric mixer, beat for 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Fold in the chopped nuts and coconut.
- Pour the batter into a 9 x 13-inch pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray or lightly greased and floured.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the toothpick inserted off-center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- In a medium-sized mixer bowl, blend the butter and cream cheese.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar and enough cream to make it a smooth spreading consistency.
- Frost cake with frosting and sprinkle with coconut.