This image courtesy of houseofyumm.com
Everyone absolutely loves Puppy Chow, but sometimes the same peanut butter and chocolate combination can get a little boring. Mix things up a little bit and try this Orange Creamsicle Puppy Chow recipe. Relive your childhood with the refreshing taste of a Creamsicle while snacking on one of your favorite desserts. This recipe is super easy to make, and tastes just as if you had gotten the Creamsicle fresh from the ice cream truck. Try this puppy chow recipe tonight for a dessert you will love!
4 cups vanilla chex cereal
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 package duncan hines frosting creation flavor mix Orange Creme
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1. Put 2 1/2 cups rice chex cereal into a medium sized bowl.
2. Slowly melt the orange candy melts in the microwave, stopping it every 30 seconds or so to make sure it doesn’t burn.
3. Add melted candy melts to chex cereal and lightly stir to coat evenly. Be careful to not break the chex cereal too much.
4. Add the dry creamsicle cake mix to the covered chex cereal and lightly stir to coat evenly. You could add the chex cereal and cake mix to a ziplock bag, then shake, but save yourself the bag.
5. Repeat the same process with the white chocolate and remaining chex cereal, but substitute the powdered sugar for the creamsicle cake mix.
6. Allow both flavors to dry and combine.