Seven layer taco dip made with refried beans, sour cream, and salsa is the perfect platter for parties and family get-togethers.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 packets (1 oz each) taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16 oz) can refried beans
- 1 (12 oz) container sour cream
- 4 medium to large avocados
- Juice of half a lime
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 vine ripened tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 1 bunch fresh green onions, sliced
- 1 (2.25 oz) can sliced black olives, drained
- In a heavy skillet, combine ground beef with 1 packet of taco seasoning. Stir well and cook on medium until cooked through. Drain. Combine cooked beef with refried beans and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the sour cream and 1 packet of taco seasoning mix. Set aside.
- In a bowl, place peeled and seeded avocados and mash well. Add lime juice, chopped cilantro, chopped red onion, kosher salt, garlic powder, and fresh black pepper. Set aside
- In a 9×13 or similar size serving dish, evenly spread the beef/bean mixture on bottom. Continue layering in the following order: sour cream mixture, guacamole, diced tomatoes, and shredded cheese. Top evenly with a layer of green onions and sliced olives. Wrap tightly, keep chilled, and serve with hearty corn chips.
Source : allrecipes.com