1. Add all soup ingredients to 6-quart slow cooker and mix well.
2. Cook on low for 7 hours.
3. Shred the chicken with two forks in the slow cooker.
4. Drop spoonfuls of biscuit batter (see below) into the soup. If using canned dough, cut into smaller pieces and drop into the soup.
6. Replace lid slightly tilted so it is not fully closed.
5. Set slow cooker to high and cook for another 30 min, or until dumplings are cooked through.
1. Mix all dry ingredients.
2. Slowly add warm liquid (milk or water) until the mixture has a doughy consistency that can be dropped with a spoon.